Saturday, August 28, 2010

Summer

I can't believe the summer is almost over but I autumn brings many great things to look forward to. This is what we have been up to this summer starting from the end (I was having problems loading the pictures).

Seattle/Victoria, BC Trip

A few weeks ago Chris and I took a trip up to the Northwest coast. Neither one of us had ever been up that way so we decided to check it out. We had such an amazing trip, I don't think either one of us thought we were going to enjoy it as much as we did :)















Victoria is absolutely beautiful! Everything is so green and there are gardens everywhere.
We had such a great time walking around this beautiful city. We also enjoyed some incredible seafood!








We had heard one of the most common attractions in Victoria is whale watching. I was a little hesitant on going because it was so expensive but Chris convinced me that is was a once in lifetime opportunity so I gave in. I was so happy I did because it truly was one of the most incredible experiences of my life. It was so amazing to see these magnificent mammals in their natural habitat.









We had issues with our car rental so we decided to ditch the car and just walk everywhere. I am so glad we didn't pay for a car because we were able to find so many neat areas while walking. Victoria is suppose to resemble a European town and truly gave you that European feel.















Chris and I also decided to try sea kayaking. I think kayaking was one of the top highlights for me. We went over to this cove where seals live year round. (I am not zooming in on the seals we were that close) It was incredible!








Of course we had to stop at the Dutch Bakery! Chris was really excited about that :) We also saw some sea lions and walrus' on our whale watching tour.















We stayed at the most amazing Bed & Breakfast. The hostess were so awesome and we just couldn't get enough of the adorable neighborhood and delicious breakfasts! If you ever travel up to Victoria you have to stay at this B&B! We met a cute Dutch couple at breakfast one morning and Chris was so thrilled to converse with them. They couldn't believe Chris was American because his dutch sounded so good. He was pretty happy to hear that and the guy even gave Chris his business card and said Chris should come work for him in Holland once he graduates. I am not really dying to move to Europe but it was a very nice offer :)









We spent one day in Seattle. We went to Pike's Market and the Space Needle. Overall we had such a wonderful trip and it was great to get away for a week!

July Activities













In July we spent a few weekends fishing. One morning we went up to Mill Hollow with my Dad and Hannah. The fish were jumping like crazy, I had seriously never seen anything like it!

Over the 4th of July weekend Chris' companion and his wife stayed with us for a few days. I absolutely loved having them over! I am sad that they live in Arizona but we will definitely have to go visit them soon! Of course we had to go to the Dutch Store, Bruges Frites and all other Dutch/Belgium associated places in Salt Lake City. We had a great weekend and we always enjoy seeing friends from Chris's mission :)

June Activities













My goal this summer was to go on one hike a week. Even though we didn't reach my goal we still enjoyed some fun hikes with family and friends. We also spent a weekend up at Bear Lake with my family. I absolutely love Bear Lake and look forward to going up there every year. We had a great time swimming, eating, golfing and spending time with each other :)

2 Year Anniversary

Chris and I celebrated our 2 year Anniversary in May. I can't believe it has already been that long but I love being married and I can't picture my life without Chris. Chris being the awesome husband he is planned a surprise get away to the Grand America Hotel. Even though the hotel is just a few blocks from our apartment I felt like we were miles away from home. The past two years have had a few challenges but Chris has been my rock and has helped me through everything! This year we look forward to Chris graduating and seeing where the future takes us. As for right now we are looking forward to the football season and watching our Utes play their last season in the MWC!

No comments:

Post a Comment