Friday, November 2, 2012

October

October was a busy month for us. We moved into our new house at the beginning of the month. I couldn't lift a single item since I was only four weeks post surgery but luckily we have such wonderful family and friends who were willing to help us move. We still have various renovations going on but we are enjoying our new space.

Adelyn and I have taken full advantage of the beautiful fall we are having here. We love walking through our neighborhood and through campus.Our neighborhood is gorgeous with so many full grown trees and old houses. Hopefully we will have a few days of nice weather this month.

I am transitioning from working full-time to being a stay-at-home mom. I was really nervous about staying home but so far I absolutely love it! I love getting up each morning to play with my baby girl. We enjoy dancing, singing and reading each day. I've also discovered my love for cooking. I've never had the time to truly enjoy cooking before so I have taken advantage these last few weeks to create some meals I had been dying to try.

Enough about me, I need to give an Adelyn update. Adelyn is such a great baby. She is easy going and is never fussy. She still loves having her hands close to her face. She started smiling around six weeks and I can not get enough of it. It melts my heart every time I see her precious smile. She sleeps around six hours at night. I seriously can't complain. Family and friends have described Adelyn as having the following characteristics:  petite, dainty, calm, alert, easy going, happy and so sweet. We agree with all of these
observations :)

Here is our cute little Minnie Mouse




I can't get enough of her sweet smile


3 comments:

  1. She is so classy in her Minnie Mouse costume. So sweet! I hope whatever surgery you had went well and seriously being a mom is great! Where did you move to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute, Betsy! I hope you're doing well and recovering. I can't get over how much Adelyn looks like her dad! I mean, I know all my kids look like their dad too, but still--so funny how that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy, it is so wonderful to read about your "new life.". You were sure meant to be a mom. We miss you at work, but we are so happy that you're enjoying your new "job."

    ReplyDelete